Thomas W. Angerman Memorial Golf Outing
THANK YOU to everyone for supporting our golf event.
A Special Thank You to the following sponsors:
Our Breakfast Sponsor: Burket-Truby Funeral Home, Cremation & Alternative Services
BDT Anesthesia Associates
God Bless The Angermans~ The Autism Society of Pittsburgh
Sunray Electric Supply Company
All monies made from this event will support program and services at the Center.
From the desk of the Director…
Here are a few updates:
- Construction will start very soon. With this in mind, groups may have to share rooms. Please be courteous. Sometimes programs will run over their allotted time, please be patient.
- Check out the new, free program “Everyone with Diabetes Counts!” This program begins on September 20, 2018.
- Starting this month we will begin honoring a Volunteer of the Month. On page 4 of this newsletter you will find a ballot to cast your vote. At the beginning of the month we will announce the Volunteer of the Month here at the Center and an article will be included in the newsletter.
- I also want to take a moment and thank the volunteers who have been providing the treats for our Birthday lunch. We appreciate your generosity!
Have a great month!
RCAC will be closed on:
Monday, September 3, 2018 in observance of Labor Day
There will be NO congregate or home delivered meals. The RCAC bus will not run.
Wed., September 19
9:00 am—1:00 pm
These Flu Shots are FREE with Medicare!
Please bring your insurance card with you.
EVERYONE WITH DIABETES COUNTS
FREE Program –Learn how to manage and live with diabetes and pre-diabetes
Thursdays, September 20—November 1
10:00 am—11:30 am
6 week program
- Improving and maintaining the quality of life of persons with pre-diabetes and existing diabetes
- Preventing complications and incapacities
- Improving eating habits and maintaining adequate nutrition
- Increasing physical activity
- Developing self-care skills
- Improving the relationship between patients and health care providers
- Utilizing available resources
Space limited, you must RSVP for this program, by calling the Center at 412-828-1062.
Braziel Benefits & Services Independent Insurance Agent presents…
MEDICARE EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOP
Tuesday, September 25 @ 1:30 pm
How to Make the Most of your Move when Downsizing
Wednesday, September 26 @ 10:30am
Presented by: Auction Your Possessions Today
When making a large or small move, it’s important to consider 4 What’s – What to keep, What to sell, What to give and What to toss. Topics to be covered :
Which of my items have value to sell?
*How do I dispose of items such as paint and tv’s?
*What are some charities that I can give to?
*How do I sell things on eBay or craigslist?
Tuesday, Sept. 11—Oct. 30
10:00 am—11:00 am
Boost Your Brain Health
Monday, Sept.24-October 8
1:00 pm—2:30 pm
Friday, Sept 28-Nov 30
All classes are free
Returning in September with a new Instructor…
Mondays @ 9:30 am.
Tuesdays, 12:30 pm
2nd and 4th Thursdays
6:30 pm-7:30 pm
September Dates: 13 & 27
Our fitness room is ready to use. We have purchased a treadmill and exercise bike. There are also weights and dvd’s.
Before your first time using the equipment you must sign a Riverview Community Action Corporation Fitness Waiver and Release. Once this is on file you are free to use the equipment during our daily operating hours.
Tuesday Musical Club
Tuesday, Sept 4 noon—2:30pm
Pianist Michael Cerveris
An Affair in the Park– Mellon Park
Saturday, September 8
10:00 am—1:30 pm
Sunday, September 9
(River City Brass Band @ 4:15 pm )
Lighthouse Pointe Programs
Tuesday, September 11—The Drewsman
Tuesday, September 25—Assassination of Lincoln
LUNCH TRIP-RED ROBIN
Friday, September 14
DINNER TRIP –ROCKY’S ROUTE 8
Thursday, September 27
5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Monday October 1
11:00 am—2:00 pm
Manfred Honek, Director
‘Beyond the Baton’
to order a $11 brown-bag lunch, call 412.904.3288, or email
Depreciation Lands Museum
Saturday, October 6
11:00 am—3:00 pm
American Veterans Traveling Tribute
October 10- 14
More details as they become available
If you sign up for an trip, please write it down. If you have to cancel, please call the center and OPT to cancel. We have had several people not show up for trips. We can not call you to remind you. If you can not go on a trip call RCAC Mon-Fri . ON WEEKEND, PLEASE CALL OPT DIRECTLY.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH OPT/ACCESS TO GO ON THESE TRIPS
WHEN THERE IS A FEE FOR A TRIP, PAYMENT IS BY CHECK ONLY
Times are subject to change. Please call the center to verify times. We can not call each person. Also, if you need to cancel a trip, please call RCAC and let us know. If after business hours or a weekend, call OPT directly.