From the desk of the Director…
Here are a few updates:
- If you have not gotten your tickets to the our upcoming tea party, do not wait. Tickets are selling fast. Please remember that all monies raised are for programs and services at the Center.
- Just a reminder we have begun honoring a Volunteer of the Month. Our first Volunteer will be announced October 1st. An article about the September Volunteer of the Month will be included in the newsletter.
- Again, I want to take a moment and thank the volunteers who have been providing the treats for our Birthday lunch. We appreciate your generosity!
Have a great month!
Construction will be beginning any day!
RCAC was the recipient of a grant from the State of Pennsylvania.
The grant will be used for the following:
- Brand new flooring in the large activity room.
- Knocking the wall out between the back classroom and storage room to create a larger room.
- Creation of a Senior Virtual Academy, which will include:
Þ Two Computers including printer and two tablets.
Þ A Smart T.V. for the classroom and dining room.
Þ A large screen Smart T.V. for the large activity room.
Plans are available at the Center
Mondays @ 9:30 am.
Tuesdays, 12:30 pm
2nd and 4th Thursdays
6:30 pm-7:30 pm
October Dates: 11 & 25
NEW TO RCAC….
FREE CLASS: Saturday, September 29 at 9:00 AM
Tuesday, October 2 at 6:30 PM
Saturday, October 6 at 9:00 AM
EVENING YOGA COMING IN
We would like to offer an evening yoga class if there is enough interest. Let us know if you would be interested
Our fitness room is ready to use. We have purchased a treadmill and exercise bike. There are also weights and dvd’s.
Before your first time using the equipment you must sign a Riverview Community Action Corporation Fitness Waiver and Release. Once this is on file you are free to use the equipment during our daily operating hours.
Thursday, November 9
9:00 am—4:00 pm
Receive $25 in free play
Payment due when you sign up
Depreciation Lands Museum
Saturday, October 6
11:00 am—3:00 pm
Heinz History Center
Apollo 11 Exhibit
Monday, Oct 8 11:00 am—2:30 pm
(Please note that because of Free admission, it will be crowded)
Tuesday Music Club
‘Celebration of Jewish Song’
Tues., Oct. 9 12:00 pm—2:30 pm
American Veterans Traveling Tribute
Wednesday, October 10
4:15 pm—8:00 pm
Ceremony begins at 6:00 pm
Please eat before you go, there is no food available at the park.
Depreciation Lands Museum Lantern Tours
Saturday, Oct 20
6:00 pm— 9:00 pm
Thursday, Oct 25
5:00 pm– 8:30 pm
Enjoy German food and music
If you sign up for an trip, please write it down. If you have to cancel, please call the center and OPT to cancel. We have had several people not show up for trips. We can not call you to remind you. If you can not go on a trip call RCAC Mon-Fri . ON WEEKEND, PLEASE CALL OPT DIRECTLY.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH OPT/ACCESS TO GO ON THESE TRIPS
WHEN THERE IS A FEE FOR A TRIP, PAYMENT IS BY CHECK ONLY
Times are subject to change. Please call the center to verify times. We can not call each person. Also, if you need to cancel a trip, please call RCAC and let us know. If after business hours or a weekend, call OPT directly.