RCAC will be closed on the following days:
Monday, December 24,
Tuesday, December 25
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
There will be no congregate or home delivered meals and the RCAC bus will not run those days.
On Monday, December 31, 2018 the Center will close at 1:00 pm. Lunch will be served.
From the desk of the Director…
Happy Holidays! Here are a few updates:
- By the time you receive this newsletter, we should be 90% done with our renovations. Since the last newsletter, the entryway and dining room have been painted, new flooring has been laid in the large activity room and the computer lab should be almost finished.
- As many of you may have noticed we have received new dining room chairs. These chairs were donated to us from an anonymous donor.
- The mail appeal letters have been sent out. Please remember that RCAC is responsible for raising 50% of our operating expenses. Any donations are greatly appreciated.
- I want to congratulate our volunteer of the month, Edna Kalok.
- A listing of some of our new classes coming in January can be found on page 10. More information on these and other classes will be in our January newsletter.
Have a great month!
DECEMBER 4 –BEEF BARLEY SOUP
DECEMBER 11—CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
DECEMBER 18—BAKED POTATO SOUP
EAT IN—$3/8 OUNCE BOWL
TAKE OUT -$6/QUART
TAKE OUT CONTAINERS WILL BE PROVIDED. PLEASE DO NOT BRING IN CONTAINERS
Wednesday, Dec. 19 @ noon
You MUST pre-register by Wednesday, Dec. 12
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER SOCIAL
Friday, Dec 14 at 1pm
Prizes given for ‘ugliest /funniest sweaters’
Bring a dozen cookies to share and enjoy the afternoon
Presbyterian SeniorCare presents…
Lunch & Learn –Dementia
Monday, December 10 at 11:00 am
Please RSVP to the Center by Wednesday, December 5
Mondays @ 9:30 am.
Tuesdays, 12:30 pm
2nd and 4th Thursdays
6:30 pm-7:30 pm
December Dates: 13th and 23rd
Mondays and Wednesdays @ 6:30 PM
COMING IN 2019
POWERFUL TOOLS FOR CAREGIVERS’
Starting Friday, January 18
This course is designed to provide resources and support for family caregivers.
Classes meet for 2 hours a week for 6 weeks. There is no fee. If you are interested, call the center.
Class size is limited.
‘LET’S GET MOVIN’
Exercise class for everyone!!
Mondays starting Jan. 7
You can sit or stand, just MOVE!!
Classes will concentrate on strength, endurance & balance.
You are invited to observe or
participate in the first class.
EVENING YOGA STARTS
Tuesday, Jan 8
THURSDAY, Jan. 10
Our fitness room is ready to use. We have purchased a treadmill and exercise bike. There are also weights and dvd’s.
Before your first time using the equipment you must sign a Riverview Community Action Corporation Fitness Waiver and Release. Once this is on file you are free to use the equipment during our daily operating hours.
Holiday Brown Bag Concert
Saturday, December 8 11:00 am—1:30 pm
Bring your own lunch
Tuesday, December 11
11:00 am—2:00 pm
“Time at Rene’s”
Thursday, December 27
If you sign up for an trip, please write it down. If you have to cancel, please call the center and OPT to cancel. We have had several people not show up for trips. We can not call you to remind you. If you can not go on a trip call RCAC Mon-Fri . ON WEEKEND, PLEASE CALL OPT DIRECTLY.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH OPT/ACCESS TO GO ON THESE TRIPS
WHEN THERE IS A FEE FOR A TRIP, PAYMENT IS BY CHECK ONLY
Times are subject to change. Please call the center to verify times. We can not call each person. Also, if you need to cancel a trip, please call RCAC and let us know. If after business hours or a weekend, call OPT directly.