Riverview Community Action Corporation closed to programs and activities until further notice. Staff will be available via phone at 412-828-1062 from 8:00am – 2:00pm Monday through Friday.
At this time, we will field calls for those who are food insecure or in need of services through Allegheny County.
Riverview Community Action Corporation will also continue to provide Home Delivered Meals.
- RCAC Bus Service is Back in Operation
Riverview Community Action Corporation (RCAC) bus service for all Oakmont and Verona residents is back in operation. Service is available by reservations Monday – Friday from 9am -1pm. Due to the Coronavirus there are some new rules and procedures that must be followed. They are:
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance by calling 412-828-1062
- Only 3 people are allowed on the bus at a time for social distancing
- Masks must be worn when on the bus
- Drivers will take your temperature and may refuse service if they feel you are sick
- No one will be picked up without a reservation, no exceptions
- PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse to ride you, if we are made aware of you not following CDC Guidelines. ( Which are: Wearing masks, social distancing, not being in large groups or going to or having a visitors from a state on PA quarantine list)
Please call us with your questions or more information. This is a temporary schedule and hope to resume full operations when the Covid 19 virus restrictions are lifted. We will keep you updated on any changes.
CALL CENTER FOR MORE INFORMATION
** This is a temporary schedule. We will keep you updated on any changes.
Our Mission …
The Riverview Community Action Corporation is a non-profit agency whose mission is to promote community involvement, pride, and awareness through the provision of services and programs that will enhance the quality of life of the residents of Oakmont, Verona and the surrounding communities.
Our History …
From its humble beginnings in the basement of the Oakmont Carnegie Library where it all began in 1966 Riverview Community Action Corporation continues to grow and thrive. Today, this multi-faceted organization is housed on the corner of Second Street and Delaware Avenue in Oakmont – under the bright blue canopy. RCAC is one of Allegheny County’s thirteen original community centers and continues to grow and expand services in an on-going effort to meet the needs of the residents of the twin boroughs and neighboring communities. RCAC is a private, non-profit agency, which holds a federal 501(c)3 tax-exempt status and maintains a Charitable Organizations Certification.
DONATE VIA AMAZON
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Riverview Community Action Corporation whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.